Leadership of the International Institute of Christian Nursing consists of a Director, a Manager and the Institute Steering Group who support and monitor the activities of the Institute on behalf of the NCFI Executive. The position of Manager is currently vacant.
In February 2020 NCFI appointed Dr Susan Elliott, PhD, MSN, RNC, APRN-BC, PHN as Director of IICN. It is intended that the Director will be supported by a Manager who will work closely with the Director in delivering the IICN strategic plan,
The position is voluntary but brings with it many benefits including the opportunity to work alongside nurses from across the world, and to engage directly in international work.
Key responsibilities for the Director include:
- Academic leadership
- Strategic planning for the IICN
- Promoting educational and research development opportunities and expansion of the work of the IICN
- Monitoring program development and delivery, reporting to the NCFI Executive Committee when necessary
- Virtual meetings every two months with the Program Committee and the Steering Group
- Liaising with partner organisation e.g. PRIME, IHS, HCFI
The IICN Manager will work closely with the Director and support the Director in the following ways:
- Make necessary arrangements for the virtual meetings of the Program committee /Steering group held every two months.
- Preparation of the agenda, write the minutes and the circulation of the minutes of all IICN meetings and working papers
- Maintenance and updating of strategic planning documentation
- Monitoring and support for the production of CNI
- Maintenance and updating of the IICN web site
- Working with the NCFI media committee to promote the work of IICN
Please refer to the download for a full description of the role